In honor of the holiday season, Wilmot Pharmacy provides the following tips to help avoid the holiday blues:
- Take care of yourself. Plan a day to do something you enjoy. Adding it to your calendar can help you remember and follow through.
- Start a new tradition and help others. Giving is a rewarding experience that helps you realize what all you have. It can come in the form of simple gifts, goodies, or even just volunteering your time.
- Surround yourself with friends and family. Take time to enjoy a warm beverage and good conversation with your closest friends and family.
- Accept your feelings. If you are mourning this holiday season, find a support group or someone to talk to. Take time to heal – acting like everything is okay often adds more stress.
- Exercise. Studies show that even 30 minutes of walking each day can improve attitude, so consider taking a brisk walk by yourself or with a friend.
- Don’t overcommit yourself. Eat regularly and get the sleep you need in order to enjoy celebrations with loved ones this holiday season.
We at Wilmot Pharmacy wish you all a very happy holiday!